Monday, February 11, 2008

237 : 12/3/98 : Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain

1,017 : 7 ?


I’m a great big man
I’ve got great big ideas
About the way the world should be run
About the way the truth can free us
You can see I’m sincere
You can see I’m well adjusted
You can see I’m a fine catch
You can see I can be trusted
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
That little guy’s not important that’s for certain
I’ve got my finger on the pulse
I’m a visionary man
You can see I’m larger than life
You can see I’m special yes you can
My head’s a floating archetype
I’m a diamond in the rough
I’m a poet and a profit
And all kinds of special stuff
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
With his crazy bells and whistles he looks so uncertain

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: