Monday, June 07, 2010

789 : 6/7/00 : Invisible Friend

A burst of mad words from a tattered scroll
a clockwork medallion plays Jelly Roll
from a tinsmith’s heart a sound of joy
grab the grenade and pull the pin
the full scale orrery is nothing but a child’s toy
Open up your arms baby and let me in
A storm of syllables from a top hat
my invisible friend is grinning like a cheshire cat
cross my heart and hope to reincarnate
ask me no questions and I swear I’ll speak true
the answer to the pyramids is sealed in a dusty crate
and it alone explains how I found you
A whirlwind of images blows my mind
make no mistakes justice and wealth are blind
so I may die a pauper in chains
and you my murdering friend go free
but it won’t make me rack my brains
I’ll just whistle what will be will be

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: