Sunday, April 21, 2019

2.2545 : 4/21/12 : Whip (Mt. Metaphor 14/58)

Well the king it seems would not release his grip
I said I know every trick in that sneaky whip
and while I prayed it wouldn't come to this at last
I guess time to talk truce is gone and past
and don't believe for a minute I think I've got the juice
to dance anything past you fast and loose
I know perfectly well how you have me pinned
and how you preened and strutted and grinned
but I shrug your whiplash cause my spirit's still free
and I'm laying my case at the feet of the Crow Agency
Dear sir do I detect a hint of a frown
did you forget you weren't the oldest game in town
the Agency was hear five hundred years before
you ever set foot upon this shore
and though I'm not of it's people at all
there's long been a deal for any as heed the call
to wear the colors and carry the staff
Out in the new world out there on its behalf
and while this detour was quite unplanned
rather than submit to your lash
I'd rather be a Crow Agency man

what

No comments: