Wednesday, October 02, 2019

2.2709 : 10/02/12 : Magic Box

Excuse my quiet voice I'm embarrassed
excuse me staring at my feet
I struggled through a tangled mess to get here
and seeing you my shame is made complete
just let it tumble out I want the magic box again
my efforts to run solo are all mired in molasses
I need a straight up miracle the real childish stuff
that never would get whispered of among the better classes
Excuse my crudeness I'm dull slob
My lack of grace but time is getting dire
My mundane box is only full of scraps of paper
and every slip is begging for the fire
and you of anyone should know how badly I need it
of anyone should know just how the seed was sown
Do I have to mention just exactly whose responsibility
put it in me and how it's grown and grown and grown

what

No comments: