Sunday, December 08, 2019

2.2776 : 12/08/12 : Where Dreams Come to Die

I arrive all unprepared my everyday calamity
Look at me all meek and scared well oh the humanity
You think you're going to write your way out of this one son
The fact that I believe I might that's how the death of dreams gets done
Welcome one and all to the place where dreams come to die
Hey lady what you think of my face as the years pass me by
I even thought I was one of a kind and it would pay somehow
If my friends could read my mind if they could see me now
up in this hallowed ground where dreams come to die
sill chasing the big sound just another astral pie
And when I line them back to back you know I've got to laugh
throw another up the stack know I'm not there by half
and still you've got to find your wrap along every twenty four
Keep waiting for thing to snap still keep finding more
Imagining might be unstoppable dreams might be immortal
and when my head beat gets so droppable I cannot resist the portal
that flings me from the place where dreams come to die
the grand transcendent race that great gig in the sky
And if it is my destiny to be the last mook in the chorus
I guess it's just the pest in me that won't let you ignore us
up here singing our hearts out where dreams come to die
they're sweeter dying on the vine so sweet I want to cry
there are more things that will never be than ever get to live
and if I want to be free that's a thing I'll have to forgive

what

No comments: