Monday, July 30, 2007

177 : 10/4/98 : Take Me Up (4th Glorious Mystery)

821 ?


Oh Lord are you coming
Are you coming to get me tonight
I guess I’m the only woman or man
You ever taken twice, ain’t that right

Well are you finally gonna take me up
in your arms tonight
carry me across your threshold
Take me into your house and make everything all right,

Dear Lord are you coming
to take me up body and soul
My flesh was good enough for you last time
Your son wasn’t too good to come outta my hole

I carried him in these arms
He sucked here at this breast
I raised your son for you
I knew myself above all women blessed

I’m changing aren’t I
I’m growing so very light
I feel your arms around me
take me up in them this moment this night

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: