Friday, July 27, 2012

2.450 : 7/27/06 : Mail

I check the mail
by hand and electron
I keep thinking
it will deliver some gumption
it’s always bullshit
ads and bills
offers I can’t refuse
with alarming codicils
I try to write a letter
every day
I never send them
I’ve got nothing to say
I guess that’s probably
the reason for this drought
you can’t expect to get
what you don’t put out
The sign said every single thing
you seek is within
I knew I lied
when I said I was ready to begin
I’ll write that confession
on a postcard of a snail
And send it to the Emperor
by first class celestial mail

what

1 comment:

scrivener said...

The Snail in question refers to a cartoon image of a snail crawling on the surface of a sphere with the caption "Slowly but surely, I'm getting Nowhere"... the internet fails me on this and now I have absolutely no recollection of where I saw it.