Saturday, July 29, 2006

12 : 4/22/98 : Gumball (One Fine Day Revisited)

Half past the eleventh hour
was time always so narrow
Halfway to the point of power
So slips by time's swift arrow

Another witchy moment looms
another night spent in the tombs
of silent thoughts and empty rooms
a man will reap what he exhumes

One fine day
the phone is gonna ring
And someone will say just one word
that changes everything

Halfway round the rutted loop
The earth's old cycle spent
My god the depths to which I'll stoop
My god the way the path has bent

And pacing through the slow decline
A slump that settles in my spine
Oh could I ever make it mine
The way the fleeting moments shine

One fine day
The phone is gonna ring
And someone will say just one word
That changes everything

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: