Monday, July 31, 2006

14 : 4/24/98 : Valedictory

Well this day seems to find us all together
Sitting in a waiting room standing in the line
Well when the day is done when it's all said and done
A handshake a certificate to pay us for our time

Shall I address the crowd point them to the next life
Stand up and make a showing for my race
Do I have something fine to make us feel uplifted
Do I have hard words that will put us in our place

Past history
Waiting for the mystery
This is my victory
this is my valedictory

I seem to need to clear my throat more than usual
can't seem to pry my eyes open to face the hall
Well I imagine it's all something I imagined anyway
Well I imagine I'm just talking to the wall

We'll all open our eyes at the same time
by and by we'll all be blinded by the light
Yes we'll all wake up facing our own halls
To see a thing unthought of such a sight

Our history
We always lived the mystery
We'll find our victory
This is our valedictory

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: