Thursday, October 05, 2006

69 : 6/18/98 : Extension

I wish that I could step
aside into another room
some other place some
other type of time

Just somewhere I could breathe a little
some nice glass topped tomb
I will spend so long underground
couldn’t I grab just a little of that time

Time time time I need it
(step into that other plane)
Quick please now I need it
(Just close your eyes and step aside)

What am I trying to prove
Why can’t I just give up and save face
I don’t seem to be suited for this world
I got no secret place to hide

Is it about time?
Is it about space?
Am I neglecting something?
Do I have it all inside?
All that I need inside?
All that I seek inside?

What do you do now when your
number’s up?
What you gonna do when you
finally have no choice
but to stop
Guess I’ll stop

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: