Saturday, October 28, 2006

85 : 7/4/98 : Declaration

That’s it we sunk that ship
Well I guess that’s all for the declaration trip
Seems I’m still battling the independence tip

But all my brothers down on the strip
They got no questions as to who’s holdin’ the whip
Well I aint Buddha but I’m nothin’ if not hip

You pull heat down if you dish too much lip
Well on the big board you’re just a little blip
The man squeezed hard; I shot out like an orange pip

Well they believe they’ll make me flip
Wave a little money watch me lose my grip
They’ll find out it’s not so easy to make my morals slip

I just roll along at a steady clip
I got anger on tap, a constant drip
I keep my strength up with the occasional nip

I lay low and wait for the fabric to rip
I ain’t got no answer but still I quip
I oughta fit my mouth out with a zip

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: