Wednesday, November 01, 2006

87 : 7/6/98 : Reelin’

I can’t hear a thing
for the wheels spinnin’ in my head
I can’t hear a thing for
the reels spinning in my head
How I wish this binding
skin could be shed

Got no choice got no choice
he said
It’s in me and it’s got to
come out
I cannot tell you what it is
all about...

I’m reelin’

I could not stand to watch that wheel
turn every day
I could not stand and watch them
slowly turning grey

And he reels around
casts his coat of many colors
to the ground

I built a room for noise to live in
I found the spot and drove the shiv in
I had no choice I could not
take note of my feelings

I had no choice I had to
Listen to the
reeling
reeling
reeling

Trying to pull some order
from the violent thoughts that plague us
Probably get better odds
playing the slots at Vegas

He stands up retrieves his coat
reverses it to black

Winks and says pay me no mind
It’s gonna be a sneak attack

Is he crazy, a genius or both?
Some idiot will ask after he’s gone
I don’t ask questions
I just get along
I’m not the forceful type like him
still I know what he’s feeling
Some nights standing still I feel
the earth is reeling

Reeling

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: