Monday, June 23, 2008

313 : 2/17/99 : Right Down Into It

1,149 : 1 ?


Slide down around that intestinal
Shiny curving cornucopial spiral
Right down into it
Thinking that just the right moment will inspire all
That wonderfulness locked up inside
The cornucopia and its endless bounty
Meantime doing time in the box
Working for the count of the county
But now I’ve got no time for working
‘Cause I’m working my way back
So kiss me softly honey
Pull my favorite record off the stack
Let’s get right down into it
Let’s not waste time pretending
That it all means something higher
Something better never ending
Whistle to the wind to do our bidding
as we cruise down the long slow slide
I’ve got an ugly feeling that this time I’m not kidding
What I owe will be extracted from my hide

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: