Monday, March 09, 2009

391 : 5/6/99 : Devils and Angels (The Inertia Machine 24/36)

1,409 : 4 ?


My devils and angels are cheek to jowl
I give up the ghost and let out a howl
Fight it out between yourselves; I’ll sit it out
I roll up the carpet and give out a shout
There’s an angel on my right, there’s a devil on my left
I see cherubim marching up the treble clef
I see them flying everywhere I see them in my sleep
My devils and my angels dear lord my soul to keep
I went to a shrink to knock my head down a size
I said I can’t distinguish between angel truths and devil lies
look me in my eyes doc and set me straight
is it the angels or the devils that keep me up so late
I’ll make it without therapy I’ll make it without pills
Even the valley of the shadow of death has its thrills
I am working my way upstream I am working my way back
I’m working with my devils and my angels on my back

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: