Sunday, July 05, 2009

449 : 7/3/99 : Fallen World

It’s a shame to live in a fallen world
Surrounded by evil and consequences
of our collective ignorance and avarice and vice
of our manic drive to satiate our jaded senses
It’s a crime to live when so many must die
having seen so little, nothing
killed by bad luck, circumstances
killed by apathy and lack of planning
I’m a criminal I need to be brought in
And stood on trial to answer for the sins
of my sex my race my generation
someone has to lose when someone wins
It’s a shame to be a fallen man
to know I am so limited and small
It doesn’t help to have so much company
It doesn’t help to know the same fate waits for all
It would help to think that God was swingin’ for us
Down here it’s hard to take that view
Maybe that’s the nature of a fallen world
Maybe that’s the nature of the evil that men do

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: