Monday, July 13, 2009

455 : 7/9/99 : Mind for Sale

I’ve got a beautiful seventies vintage
reconditioned mind for sale... It has
lost its usefulness I should learn
to just do what I’m told...
buy a car buy a taco buy a
shiny diamond ring... let them
tell me what to have and
what to hold... I’m sure you
could use it in your entertainment
factories... I’m sure you could use it in
ballistics... polite and versatile a real
high class tool... it has a
knack for logic and linguistics...
it’s hard to part with it but I can see the
writing on the wall... and I know you’ve
got the technology... I’ll do you a favor
let you take it off my hands... these days
to fall in love you need a master’s in
psychology... Just promise me that you will
give it a good home... Promise me you’ll fulfill its
potential... My drooling body would be thrilled to see it
doing well... Being such a good cog in the great big differential

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: