Saturday, February 27, 2010

688 : 2/27/00 : Days Like This

Days like this I used to think
Better off just to get high
but too much time passed me by
Days like this they’ll warn you of
So I face it crystal clear
taste its measure and feel fear
Did they tell me there’d be days like this
they must of but I didn’t see
they were really talking to me
got no special dispensation
get these days like everyone
when the weight feels like a bone
If I’ve learned one thing it’s this
whatever passes comes again
if it’s not now it will be then
so forget your omens and your signs
days like this can’t be predicted
anyone can be inflicted
One more verse to nail it down
a day like this can’t kill me so
I guess it’s time for me to go

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: