Wednesday, March 17, 2010

706 : 3/16/00 : Be Quiet

how shall we be quiet how shall we pray
how will I let go at the end of the day
I know how to be silent, know how to be still
I know in my black heart there’s a truth that can kill
how will I still the tempest deep inside
how will I kill the fear of being taken for a ride
I know how to be stoic I know how to be grim
I know why Jesus wept but I’m not him
How will we be peaceful how will we make love
how will we find the attitude that fits like a glove
I know that there’s an answer from very long ago
I beg the lord down on my knees don’t tell just show
how can I be quiet still my crazy head
how can I talk my way out of sleeping in this bed
when I’m the one who made it I’m the one to blame
When nothing really matters when it all turns out the same

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: