Thursday, March 18, 2010

708 : 3/18/00 : Perfect

I remember all the hard times perfectly
And the shrink said to be realistic see
I guess I’m hung up on hope and good intentions
I guess that I’m obsessed with being free
this wasn’t supposed to be all about me
It seems I misjudged the thing’s dimensions
This isn’t a story a riddle or poem
it isn’t going platinum or even chrome
A song a day I guess I lack direction
once there was a firestorm wherever I’d roam
not too much left going on in my dome
are these the wages of striving for perfection
I’ve written this song a thousand times
that isn’t true yet but hey it rhymes
But I feel it now just as I felt it then
When Eric and I spoke in Northern climes
of the perfect tree and fate’s chimes
I’m searching for my perfect world again

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: