Friday, May 14, 2010

765 : 5/14/00 : black angel

It’s all right ma like the man said
don’t let my strange lines bother your head
I’m not crazy no I’m not mad
It’s just a notion or two I’ve had
nobody wants to worry their mother
and I’m no different from any other
I try to cast all my facts in good light
when I talk to her at the end of the night
I’m a mama’s boy yeah I love my mom
and I think of her when I need to be calm
But I can’t let her see the dark half of me
the black angel struggling to be free
I guess she’d understand it though
we’ve all got an angel we never show
a secret source of power and light
that spreads its wings in the dead of night
While I channel a rage I do not feel
and stare bemused while I spin the wheel
I live a clean life for the sake of my mom
who rests safe as houses in the black angel’s palm

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: