Thursday, February 21, 2008

242 : 12/8/98 : Am I Fooling Myself?

Am I fooling myself?
To think that things work out
For the best all the time
And asked to explain what I’m about
I find I’m straining to reach the shelf
If I am I wish you’d tell me now
I think I have a right to know
I really wish I knew
why I’m always sad and blue
I wish I knew where to go
or who to call to tell me how
A man is meant to answer
The questions that defy us
That rattle round inside our skulls
The answer to this dread that pulls
and tries to crucify us
I’m just a singer and a dancer
Trying to make a living with my la di da
trying like every living thing
Pushing through to foregone conclusion
Hoping it’s not an illusion
Hoping I’m not fooling
Myself as I swing on my parabola

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: