Sunday, February 24, 2008

244 : 12/10/98 : Thrall

Ghosts doppler in twilight
You don't know the half of what goes on
Gone but not forgotten
What do you expect to learn that they've known so long
Hound howl for water
Cats yowl for rain
and I've got a feeling
You'll lose what you gain
I haven't got a nickel
I'm happy as I am
I'm smarter than your average crab
I'm happy as a clam
The dogs bay at the setting sun
The cats pray to the moon
I do believe the hunt is on
not a minute too soon
Darkling in the moonlight
Watch me change my stripes
Watch me change before your eyes
Watch me blow my pipes
Crimson clean and gorgeous red
Crawling up the wall
Everything looks better when you're dead
Dappled in the twilight thrall

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: