Tuesday, August 26, 2008

334 : 3/10/99 : Wouldn’t It Be Pleasant

How I long for the days of yore
When the song of the land greeted the ships on the shore
And everything was simpler, life was what it had to be
Wouldn’t it be pleasant to live back then by the sea
Wouldn’t it be pleasant to walk along the sand
I’d offer you my arm and you’d take my hand
We would work to satisfy our needs and be content
To follow in the footsteps our forebears went
Toodle oo that’s that old timey nifty tune
And boy I tell ya I can’t get back to soon
And work like an animal in some lice infested hole
Wouldn’t it be pleasant to die from mining coal
Wouldn’t it be pleasant to be anywhere but here
trying to rush something that can only just appear
That’s okay my daily bread is rich enough
I always go to ground when the going gets rough

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: