Monday, April 06, 2009

399 : 5/14/99 : Angel (The Inertia Machine 33/36)

1,436 : 1 ?


When my skull is splitting trying to wrap my head
around the math
I like to talk to my friend Dan about the Buddha path
A different sort of wisdom from the kind I got at home
New perplexing riddles from a different dusty tome
Daniel help me figure out the thoughts that paralyze
Is my kitty going to go to heaven when he dies?
I know it seems a small thing in a world of world-class doubt
But angel kitties are the only thing I think about
Is my kitty sentient does my kitty have a plan
Is he how I think of him a furry little man
Does he have a conscience are there thoughts behind his golden eyes
Daniel is my kitty going to heaven when he dies?

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: