Monday, April 20, 2009

405 : 5/20/99 : Country Living

1,450 : 1 ?


I can’t wait until my ship comes in
I can’t wait for the day that I am free
to move out of this city
And get me to a place where I can just be
Country Living, oh boy! That’s the life for me
Oh Country Living it’s the only place I wanna be
Oh you can take the boy from the country
You can put him down in any bad old town
You can show him all the glitter and the flashing lights
but you just can’t keep the country down
Country Living, oh boy! That’s the life for me
Oh Country Living it’s the only place I wanna be
I seen enough of this city life
And all the fine people in their diamonds and pearls
I seen plenty of money for one lifetime
I don’t want nothing with these city girls
Country living that’s the only life for you and me
You’ll be my country girl the day I get free

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: