Sunday, January 31, 2010

657 : 1/27/00 : Lizard Music

It’s not so interesting
always to be puzzling thinking
Mind over matter matters on my mind
I guess I’m just that just that kind
was I trying to hear lizard music in my sleep
is there a promise my soul can’t keep
if the rhythm wrecks the rhyme
or vice versa how do I tell time?
I’ve got the secret in my hat
Just like the Chicken Man I like it like that
If you understand you’re one of us
and if not go stand in front of a bus
Or wait for one to take you to the fourteenth stop
It’s a jungle out there we’re waist deep in slop
LA cops leave the games early to beat the crowds
I’m staring at shapes in the clouds
On the other side Australia
The last place there is if your heart don’t fail ya
Make your way there when the shit goes down
Look for the Lizard Music store in the nearest town

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: