Sunday, January 31, 2010

Commitment

I wrote at some length and elsewhere of my reaction to the memory of a particular scion of technology's definition of "commitment". So I won't rehash that here. While I will surely never work hundred hour weeks in the service of a desperately next century startup, I will say I felt some small personal version of that sentiment when, racked with fever and wringing bodily pain, in the throes of the illness that had kicked me out of bed early that morning to the tune of violently ejecting the contents of my stomach, thrice, in rapid succession, I crept out of my bed of pain some time around 10 in the evening, made my way to the kitchen (as far as I felt was wise, all things considered, my blank books being down a steep set of stairs), tore a page off the memo pad...

and wrote a song.




You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: