Thursday, June 24, 2010

805 : 6/23/00 : Flies On the Ceiling

Files on the ceiling bats in my belfry
Don't give me that no don't you dare touch me
Dogs on the dark moor cats on the fence
I'm trying to calculate my recompense
Put it all together I guess I'm doing fine
I'm just trying to figure out which one's mine
Smoke on the water drifting and rising
I just want one day that's fucking surprising
When was the last time I woke to find
a single anomaly to challenge my mind
Voices in ducts and lights in the skies
you're lying to me baby I can see it in your eyes
I've got my guard up blocking my resource
my mainline my final recourse
Please God help me find the medium
I'll slip it to her so nice and make her come
Send down my muse we'll make it three
they can make a genius sandwich out of me

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: