Friday, November 04, 2011

2.184 : 11/3/05 : If You Really Have to Know

If you really have to know
Today was the day I let everything slide
I drew a line I numbered it five
succumbed one last time to that old jive
And if you asked and I didn’t tell you so
Six years three days to the day just so
Now I’ll tell you
If you really have to know
Time is an illusion it doesn’t
really matter
You can think about it till your brain’s in tatters
You can think about it all live long day
this too this too shall pass away
I wrote it down just to preserve
a record of the too many masters I served
On the way to try to pare it down to one
I sensed that my trial had just begun
the littlest sentry just would not sleep
I got my big last number
but the price was steep
I gave it one more minute, plunged into the fray
reminded that every single day was today

What is the song of the day?

No comments: