Monday, June 11, 2012

2.403 : 6/10/06 : The New Leaf

Hear a voice callin’ out inna wilderness
I’m about to give you the business
Cause the day of the Lord comes inna night like a thief
and you cannot turn back from the new leaf
The message as old as Kingdom Come
Love with all heart and soul and hammer that drum
Cause you’ve saved up a bitter aperitif
And there’s no second chance at the new leaf
Give it all up give it all up to God
You’ll find that trouble strikes you like a lightning rod
but the rule is there is strife, trouble, grief
but there’s nothing that can stop the new leaf
It’s almost all got itself written down
my contribution’s so tight I should wear a golden crown
I’m staring your ass down like Lee Van Cleef
righteous in the advent of the new leaf
right now I must admit it’s all just words
but somewhere out there’s music that somebody’s heard
I fancy something with a leitmotif
evocative of none so much as the new leaf

what

No comments: