Sunday, May 20, 2007

162 : 9/19/98 : Complex Verse (Fibonacci 7/8)

Eight by six by six by twelve
isn’t it something the ideas we shelve
got a better life in another dimension
heaven on earth and a nice fat pension
tick tock tick and around comes another twelve

Eleven disciples and one to take the fall
isn’t it a shame I can’t walk through a wall
given the way things are I should feel lucky
hellzapoppin’ and it’s all just ducky
take my time another lost summer fades to fall

Ermine wraps and diamond rings
isn’t it crazy how we’re crazy for shiny things
got my treasure where rust can’t bite
heaven can wait I got time to get tight
till the counter rolls over and the Bells all start to ring

Extension is a useful thing
I read it in the Tao, it’s a Lepton thing
give it up for a complex verse
half assed but I’ve sure seen worse
take a little here a little there ain’t that the real thing

Even I grow tired anyway
I got no answers but still I pray
give my spirit over to the light
he who hesitates has no right
to tell me how to make it anyway

Even if you can’t make sense of it
it’s multidimensional there’s no end to it
gear up for the last trip round the coil
hear me out we all end up as soil
to dust to dust and there’s the end of it

End it all on a gentle note
I can only make up what I don’t know by rote
God’s in God’s heaven and it’s all right
here’s a riddle to keep you up nights
the end of the melody comes but the goal is not the last note...

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: