Thursday, July 24, 2008

326 : 3/2/99 : Third Day

Things are getting tense on the
day before the third day
is anyone still marching anymore
Does anyone have anything to say?
Tempers start to grate against
the implacable inertia of the universe
I heard someone say the revolution had been postponed
I heard someone say it was something worse
Are you going to rise from the dead
on the third day like you said
Are you going to rise up from the grave
We’ve got them lined up for you to save
When I look back on five years gone
I feel so stupid and disgusted
Was it worth a single thing
I kept my cool while my chops got busted
Are you gonna keep me waiting always
Waiting for a sign to lead my way
Am I supposed to just march faithful
You’ve kept your promise on the third day
Are you gonna roll away the stone
Are you gonna make your presence known
I try so hard to keep my faith
As I get skinny as a rail and white as a wraith

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: