Friday, July 02, 2010

814 : 7/2/00 : Finding the Work

Finding the work is a job on it’s own
I need a day job besides to throw the taxman a bone
Choose life the rally of the doomed
Oh I choose to be lost inhumed
What does it mean to every day
Walk in this crazy, untrained way
Follow Vishnu, Buddha, Christ
Follow the wind the moon the zeitgeist
Practice caution practice craft
sail off on a wooden raft
discover some enchanted land
the work you love is close at hand
Somewhere in a maze of life
there is a chance past fear and strife
of finding the work we require
to end this road of war and fire
And if I find the work I love
the task that fits me like a glove
then I’ll contribute to the cause
to build a whole world from the flaws

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: