Tuesday, March 01, 2011

but if you could read between my lines

So ends the college interval of the interim and ugh, good riddance. Hardcore obviously not my genre.

And on, shortly, to the Two Track Mind era, my mostly solo home-recording experiments of the first few years post-college. The two tracks in question were the right and left stereo recording input channels of my Realistic Modulaire 2250 Dual Cassette Boombox that I bought from Reed's Music and Radio Shack in Montevideo MN, at the cost of probably 50 or 60 hours spent mowing the church lawn... These days you'd be hard pressed to find a box like this, featuring as it did dual, stereo-separated microphone inputs and RCA input and output, that allowed me to use it as a rough but functional home recording studio. I bought a cheap cassette 4-track later. The boom box got left at one of my weirder jobs. Long story.

A lot of these lyrics, anyway, were cooked up on the fly, in the midst of noodling audio experimentation. All early to mid '90s provenance.

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: