Friday, June 03, 2011

2.31 : 6/3/05 : A Pitiless Dissection

A Pitiless dissection of dynamic verse
The last will show up somewhere but the first stays first
written over years of stress and woe
Who will buy it where will it go
I’m so glad the thing is finished
sadly reckoned much diminished
But I think what’s left is slightly better
brought to you by the smallest letter
Laid out sideways two by two
specially scribed from me to you
read it read it read it always
save it for terrible moments and fine days
34 pages from end to end
designed to make me my millionth friend
that’s ridiculous I’ll just be thrilled
if a hundred read it before it got killed
but hey so be it the thing is over
I’m headed out for my field of clover
in the home I lost half a decade ago
still anytime there in my mind I can go

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

1 comment:

scrivener said...

A Pitiless Dissection is in fact a patchy book of prose I published nigh on many a year ago. I'll email you a free e-copy, if only you figure out how to ask me for it...