Wednesday, June 08, 2011

2.36 : 6/8/05 : Wished I Was a Superhero

Wished I was a superhero
what I always wanted to be
when Mom told me there was no such thing
I thought the field’s wide open to me
thought I’d make up my own powers
do it all with science
what the radiation couldn’t do
I’d do with an appliance
Oh reality is so dull
kids they just don’t know it
years they pile up just like blocks
grown ups we always blow it
went and studied chemistry
I forgot just why
No surprise it all went nowhere
No surprise it passed me by
now I’m fat and far from super
no illusions where the years went
don’t think bout my superpowers
think about making the rent
now I’ve got a boy of my own
guess some day he’ll think about
if he asks me if he can be
a real hero I’ll say no doubt

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

2 comments:

Mike Overall said...

That's pretty good! You should get that published somewhere!

scrivener said...

Thanks Mike! I'm quite satisfied having published it myself right here though!