Saturday, June 04, 2011

2.32 : 6/4/05 : Cut the Strings

Cut the strings on the puppet man
Let it loose and let it go
If anyone can do it you can
Cut the strings man make it so
let the thing get animated
do the magic watch it rise
send it forth with one law stated
Entertain, sustain, but always surprise
Cut the strings on machine knowing
All over the world they’re hacking
the big machine to solve where we’re going
the big computer to supply what we’re lacking
cut the strings of me dear father
give me will and give me drive
I’ll prove I was worth the bother
You will see when I arrive
I’m tangled in a mass of cut strings
guess I didn’t figure the aftermath
I’m tangled up in cast off things
but by and by I’ll find my path

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: