Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2.43 : 6/15/05 : Another Leaf

2,134 : 11 ?


Another movie ‘bout those sexy sexy guns
another day also rises the sun
Another half formed notion flees my head
another leaf falls dead
Another night crosses the wishing hour line
Another chance to lie and say I’m feeling fine
Another struggle with temptation’s lure
Hello new leaf charmed I’m sure
I’d like to lose it, just succumb
I’d like to give up ‘cause I feel so dumb
another meditation on regret
Seems I haven’t turned that new leaf over yet
Another simple fantasy another hour
And I can only wish I had the power
to cast a spell of such delight on you
as things are now I barely can get through
Only the almighty can turn the great page
Only God can rock the cradle of an age
I need the day to see and night for relief
they say that God counts every fallen leaf

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: