Sunday, September 03, 2006

46 : 5/26/98 : Trial By Ordeal

Bread and water and a bed of nails
Sleepless nights and leeches by the pail
Trial by ordeal sounds like a fine time to me

An unshaded bulb that burns all the time
insane noise without reason or rhyme
A little pain to to face fragmented destiny

Deny me comfort food and smoke
Hold me underwater till I choke
And by and by I guess I'd crack like anyone

Tell all my secrets and burning shames
Give the pigs all my comrades' names
Always knew I'd have to pay for my fun

I fear pain as much as the next guy
And knowing I must pay for what I buy
I almost admire the way that I endure

And though I'd hate it to end that way
it would be nice to get some of that pain out of the way
where art fails, there's always force majeure

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: