Saturday, September 09, 2006

51 : 5/31/98 : Worry and Care

Another day woke up depressed
the lord was standin on his chest
said son you look worried and tired
I'm starting to think it's time you were retired

Oh lord he said I pray 3 times a day
I'm on a long shot ticket and there's hell to pay
All my worry and care is what I trade
But I'm banking my transfer on a crooked blade

Ah son let me push you down a little more
You can't imagine everything I've got in store
for you my little sparrow won't let you fall
Well if it weren't for me no one would know at all

Release yourself my child of pain
The dossier I've compiled is plain
I'll take on all your worry and care
I don't need nothin else from you go and prepare.

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: