Thursday, September 07, 2006

50 : 5/30/98 : Egyptian Rocket Goddess

Unbelievable, hey that's how power goes
Why'd you have to come and go
Leave your traces back to the sun

Unimaginable, what offers cross your table
When you stood on top of Babel
Did it pain you to see your people run

Egyptian rocket Goddess
Will your orbit intersect our
crazy little planet again?

While you were walking through walls
And the Pharaohs threw dice in the hall
Your servants knew the score and poured the wine

While the library burned down
All the record deals you turned down
In another life a chill ran down my spine

Egyptian rocket goddess
You're looking right down at us
All waiting wondering

And I don't wait for a thing
Everything that happened will happen again
And if you need me I guess you'll find my number

Egyptian Rocket goddess fly
These day's we're all watching the sky
I guess it's just a spell we're under

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: