Thursday, January 18, 2007

119 : 8/7/98 : Sisyphus’ Reprieve

When I received the word of my reprieve
confess that I could scarce believe my eyes
7000 years of confusion toil and tears
He dropped the letter off and didn’t even tell me why

So good to be rolling I hear the great bell tolling
Changes at the top they said it was
Ol’ Tantalus received the work
Climbed right on his trusty surfboard
Said don’t ask me I don’t know who cares? It’s just because

So good to be moving my lot’s finally improving
So good to be rolling rolling home
7000 hard ass turns
My God the way the time just burns
Away into vanishing ephemeral sea foam

What will I do now I’m almost feelin blue now
Freedom is a heavy load after so long
confess in all that time alone
I almost learned to love that stone
Not that I paused a minute
I’m gone
so long

It’s good to be traveling
That fearsome knot unraveling
My trusty stone will carry me away
Up out of the valley
You’ll see my backside, pally
This is my first birthday

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: