Tuesday, January 30, 2007

124 : 8/12/98 Cigarette

640 ?


When I’m down in the mouth and I start to fret
I play a little game called cigarette
I say pal I’ll make you listen to me
he says that’s just not the way it’s gonna be
cigarette
cigarette
you always win that game with me cigarette
I’m a nervous gambler trying to bluff it through
But baby you gotta know just
what I’m going to do
Baby I always lose that bet
You know I’m gonna have another
cigarette
Oh I know they hurt me
know they turn my poor lungs black
But they never ever desert me
Baby gotta give me my cigarettes back
When I’m in a slow and stupid mood
Don’t want no liquor and I don’t want food
I just need one thing baby and then I’m set
Just gotta smoke myself a
cigarette

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

2 comments:

scrivener said...

In fact I quit some 3.5 months after this was written.

Anonymous said...

there's a typo in there scrivs. try a smoke next time to steady the old nerves before you add a post. this community service message was brought to you by:

the mighty weh!