Monday, January 22, 2007

121 : 8/9/98 : Ugly World

632 ?


My goodness what an ugly world you’ve made
Seems kind of unfair that you’re so well paid
Well the people don’t seem interested
in rising up and pulling you down
not my place to make their
choices for them, not my place
to bring the hoi polloi around
All you revolution comrades all you libertarians
I’d rather live in a world run by librarians
You get whatever you pay for
that setup’s pretty fixed
They bought the lives they settled for
They drank the drinks they were mixed
And if it’s not my cup of tea
I guess that’s just too bad for me
But what else can I do but mind
The life that I am buying
In the end I’m just another one
Walking when I should be flying

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

1 comment:

scrivener said...

just plain forgot to update the status report on the current project last week. As you can see we continue to average seven a week.