Tuesday, January 23, 2007

122 : 8/10/98 : Spout

You can only get so fed up
then you gotta spout
raise your hackles lift your head up
let your venom out
You may feel justified
but I can’t see it doing any good
The poison just builds up again
That much I understood
But what confuses me
Is what any of it is good for
Why were we made with so little faculty

You can only get so strung out
before something has got to snap
When weaknesses have won out
When your one good hand refuses to clap
You may feel mystified
By the seeming caprice of the powers that are
I understand sometimes even scripture
reads no better than advice you’d get at any bar
Don’t get me wrong sir
I would not presume to test the Lord
I assume he’s got it covered
I just hope the price is one I can afford

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: