Wednesday, April 18, 2007

141 : 8/29/98 : Live (Alphabet 12/26)

Why’d you have to go and do it Nick?
Why’d you have to turn that final trick?
I wish you wish you had decided
That what you wanted was to live
Not my choice, not my party
I wasn’t invited
I can’t judge what you chose not to give

I wish I didn’t know the truth
I wish I didn’t have the proof
But I see you read that Camus essay
A bottle of pills a night no one will ever know
I know you cast the cup away
Know you heard the question:
Know you answered “No.”

And I know I’ll never reproduce your special taste
And I know it wouldn’t be the same in any case
I have to plod along in my own stupid way
Words that slip away as if my mind were just a sieve
Wake up to find I’ve lived to face another day
Isn’t it ironic, how your songs help me to live

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: