Saturday, April 28, 2007

149 : 9/6/98 : Tantalize (Alphabet 20/26)

“My perspective on the situation”
as he coasted in on a long curl
Down an aching perfect Laguna coastline
“Find me whiskey, tobacco, a girl”

“I saw him rolling by, I guess he was the first”
Stopped to ask me why, I didn’t know
then I felt the fetters slip
There wasn’t anything on my mind but go

“Stopped to stuff a handful of grapes into my mouth
Got my board from where they made me leave it on the beach
I felt a mighty wave arising
I felt like everything was in my reach

“I just rolled in I’ve been coasting waves for fifteen days
That’s nothin’ man I was doing heavy time
I thought I’d hit a coast and check the scene
I thought I’d listen to the old bells chime

“So give me strong drink brother
Give me a sight to fill my eyes
Stories to amaze, fine food and strong cigars
Astonish me, brother, tantalize.”

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: