Tuesday, June 12, 2007

166 : 9/25/98 : Falling to Earth (3rd Joyful Mystery)

Well that angel never mentioned this
The dark the cold the screaming and the blood
Nobody talks about that part
How the pain shakes you rolls over like a flood
And the screaming my God the screaming
Till I wondered can that really be my voice
Crying out my God crying out my God
Clutching Joseph’s hand and grasping at the straw
Well I guess the Scripture told me it would be this way
It’s my destiny it’s the Law
And I feel like I am falling
falling falling into a deep well
couldn’t remember what that angel looked or sounded like
couldn’t remember anything about it while I fell
And something rising up in me
And the pain the pain too much to bear
Crazy thoughts, where’s his father
Did we bring anything for him to wear
Joseph was saying something I couldn’t hear
Something crossed in me something overtook me
Something old as time something old as womankind
Held me pushed me rocked me shook me
And as I fell to fell to earth
A serenity it seemed nothing could ever destroy
Joseph murmured something kindly softly
And showed me my perfect baby boy

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: