Thursday, June 21, 2007

170 : 9/27/98 : Scourging (2nd Sorrowful Mystery)

A scourging a message
a lesson to be taught
maybe this will clear the situation up
I’m just doing what I ought

Why am I constantly confronted
with these peoples’ internecine strife
beat the shit out of another revolutionary
see if they keep howling for his life

I thought that it would be an easy post
They told me they were cattle been defeated so long
but every time I kill another one of their messiahs
another and another comes along

I wish that I were somewhere else
I wish that I were back in Rome
Away from all this provincial politics
relaxing, easy in my home

Let’s see how the subject’s holding up
Christ, J. amazing he still stands
These people seem to have it out for you
seems a shame but still I wash my hands

When I asked him what truth was
he didn’t say a single thing
but he caught be with a look that shook me
I almost believed this madman was a king

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: