Friday, June 22, 2007

171 : 9/28/98 : Crown of Thorns (3rd Sorrowful Mystery)

One like me in every crowd
I can’t stand the games they play
Still I look on and not a word I say
I’m a coward and I keep my peace

Another troublemaker blew his lease
And that’s where we come in I guess
Basic hooligans to intimidate the rest
and beat the few misfortunate who come into our grasp

I had to look away but still I heard him gasp
They hate the crazy ones the most
It’s pathetic really how they love to boast
it’s pathetic how I don’t resist

And he just took it never cursed or made a fist
They put a crown of thorns on his head
Poor crazy Jew will be lucky when he’s dead
A crown of thorns, that’s something new

I’ve grown accustomed to the evil that men do
but this one got to me somehow
I see that crown of thorns the blood upon his brow
I wake up in a sweat thinking my sheet’s become my shroud

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: